The Department of Mechanical Engineering of National Institute of Technology, Warangal is organizing a six-day Faculty Development Programme on ICT in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering during May 27-June 1. Apply By May 5.
About the Institute:
National Institute of Technology, Warangal is the first among 17 RECs set up as a joint venture of the Government of India and the state government. Over the years the college has established itself as a premier Institute imparting technical education of a very high standard leading to the B.Tech degrees in various branches of engineering, M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs in various specializations.
About the course:
“Electronics & ICT Academy” was set up at NIT Warangal with financial assistance from MeitY, GOI. Under the umbrella of this academy, a standardized course namely ‘ICT in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering’ is proposed.
This course is suitable for faculty, researchers in academia and industry as well. The purpose of conducting this 6- day workshop is to provide the participant with precise theoretical and practical up to date exposition of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
The programme provides an in-depth understanding to the teachers to teach and carry out research in Advanced Manufacturing processing techniques using ICT tool for developing the new materials useful for the industrial applications.
Major Course Contents:
- ICT in Advanced Manufacturing Process (AMP).
- Modeling Simulation and Design of Experiments of various advanced Manufacturing Process with hands-on experience by using software packages.
- Advanced wielding Process, Micro & Nano Manufacturing Process.
- Laser Manufacturing Process & Surface Coating Techniques.
- Condition Monitoring of Manufacturing Systems.
- Cloud Manufacturing, Data Management and IOT in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
The programme is open to the Faculty and Ph.D. scholars of Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines from India. Industry personnel working in the concerned/allied discipline can also attend.
- Faculty and Research Scholars: Rs. 2500.
- Faculty of SC/ST Category: Rs. 1875. (SC/ ST participants should submit the copy of their caste certificate to claim the concession along with application form)
- Industry Participants: Rs. 7500.
All the selected participants will be provided FREE boarding & lodging in the institute guest house. No TA will be paid for the participants.
How to apply?
- A filled in form of application duly signed and sponsored by appropriate authorities (along with demand draft) should reach by speed-post to the coordinator at – Dr. V Vasu, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal, WARANGAL – 506 004, Telangana State, India.
- It is also mandatory to send the scanned application form and demand draft through e-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org as the selection will be intimated only through mail.
- Last date (Application & DD): May 5, 2019.
- Selection-list intimation by email: May 15, 2019.
- Duration of Program: May 27, 2019 – June 1, 2019.