University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun is organizing a Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Cyber Security and Cyber War 2019 during June 3-7.
About the Program:
The aim of this program is to promote research aspects in internet security, familiarize with tools available for network scanning, identify and synthesize needs for internet security techniques, share information and practical awareness for data and system protection from cyber-attacks, etc.
The FDP will start with an overview of cybersecurity, information security, and cryptography
aspects to help the audience understand the importance of these aspects in real life scenarios. This FDP is planned into two parts: the technical session and the hands-on session.
The technical session part of the FDP will focus on the most challenging contemporary issues in cybersecurity, data science, and cryptography.
The hands-on session part will extend the discussion to address the practical evaluation of security tools and techniques, machine learning for data analysis and data forensics, and the implementation of cryptography primitives and protocols.
Who should attend?
This FDP would be useful for the persons from academia and industry who would like to gain expertise and excel their skill set in the field of cybersecurity, information security, and cryptography
- Faculty members/Research scholars/Staff members: Rs. 2,500.
- SC/ST Faculty members/Research Scholars: Rs. 1500.
- Industry participants: Rs. 5,000.
- Late Registration: Rs. 500 extra in each category (i.e. after 15 May 2019).
Accommodation can be arranged in Hostels (twin sharing) on the self-payment basis (Rs. 300/- (including breakfast and dinner)) for participants from distant colleges subject to availability.
How to apply?
- Online Registration: Click here to apply.
- Offline Registration: Fill the registration form and send it over email id: adarsh.kumar[at]ddn.upes.ac.in with the subject line: CnC 2019 registration.
- Early Bird Registration: 15 May 2019.
- Last date of Registration: 31 May 2019.
- FDP Duration One Week (3rd June to 7th June 2019).