Leveraging the power of messaging, augmented reality (AR), and artificial intelligence (AI), Facebook invites you to create solutions that help build community and drive social impact through Facebook Hackathons 2020.
Whether you bring to life a natural language chatbot solution using Wit.ai, a gamified experience using Spark AR, or an innovative way to connect friends and family using Messenger, they are excited to support you as you innovate for impact.
1. Facebook Augmented Reality (AR) Hackathon
Facebook invites all creators to make and submit a Spark AR World Effect that helps enrich communities or supports a larger social good. Spark AR helps creators imagine, build, and share augmented reality experiences that reach the billions of people on Facebook and Instagram.
Using Spark AR Studio, create a World AR effect for Instagram. World effects layer AR experiences on surfaces, objects, and people in your environment, and are viewable using the world-facing camera on your smartphone (not the self-facing camera). We can’t wait to see how you augment your world!
2. Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon
Facebook is passionate about bringing the world closer together by advancing artificial intelligence – connecting people to what they care about, powering new, meaningful experiences, and advancing the state-of-the-art through open research and accessible tooling.
Whether you’re just getting started, or an experienced pro, we invite you to submit an engaging voice-enabled app for consumers featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform. They are looking for innovative solutions in the following categories: Day-to-day Basics, Social Coordination, Local Discovery, Media Consumption, Fitness, Voice/AR Navigation, Voice Games, Shopping Assistant, and Entertainment.
Build an engaging voice-enabled app for consumers featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform. They are looking for innovative solutions in the following categories: Day-to-day Basics, Social Coordination, Local Discovery, Media Consumption, Fitness, Voice/AR Navigation, Voice Games, Shopping Assistant, and Entertainment.
3. Facebook Messaging Hackathon
Building lasting relationships through conversation – that’s how messaging experiences like Messenger enable connections to thrive amongst billions of people.
Solutions like chatbots have come a long way, and now you can take them even further. Whether you’re just getting started or an experienced pro, Facebook invites you to build and submit Messenger experiences that leverage features such as Handover Protocol, One-Time Notifications, Private Replies, Quick Replies, and the Extension SDK.
Build new Messenger experiences that leverage at least one of the following features: Handover Protocol, One-Time Notifications, Private Replies, Quick Replies, and the Extension SDK.
The following prizes will be awarded to winners in each category of the above Hackathons:
- First Place: $3,000 USD; At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer and Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
- Second Place: $2,500 USD
- Third Place: $1,500 USD
- Entry and participation in all the above contests are open only to Individuals, Organizations, and Teams with prior internet access who at the time of entry and throughout the entire 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series have a Facebook and Devpost online account in good standing, are not under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation.
- The applying members should not be domiciled in Quebec, Canada, the Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and is not otherwise a person or located in any other country under any trade or economic sanction or on any program or country list designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, or where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits their participation or receipt a prize in any Contest.
- Individuals may enter any Contest on an Individual basis and/or by joining as part of one or more Team(s) or Organization(s). If acting as a Representative, then by entering that Individual also represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to so act.
Applicants need to submit the following while applying:
- Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Access. A way to access your working web or mobile application, chatbot, smart home devices, and your Wit.ai app ID for judging and testing.
- Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost before the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
To register online for the hackathons, click here. The last date to register is September 7, 2020.
Phone Number: 212-675-6164
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.