Applications are invited from Doctoral students for the Facebook Fellowship Program 2022.
About Facebook Fellowship
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. They also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Facebook Fellowship Award
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Perception, Cognition, and Action
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- Applications Must Include:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
- Application open: August 3, 2021, 9:00am PST
- Application closes: September 20, 2021 11:59pm PST
- Winner announced: End of January 2022