Applications are now invited from eligible and meritorious candidates for the Facebook Fellowship Program 2021.
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
As part of the program, current Fellows are invited to Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park for the annual Fellowship Summit. At the Summit, Fellows can engage with other winners, share their current research, speak with Facebook researchers and teams, and learn more about research at Facebook.
- Applied Statistics
- AR/ VR Computer Graphics
- AR/ VR Photonics & Optics
- Blockchain & Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Economics & Computation
- Programming Languages
- Security & Privacy
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/ four semesters).
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs.
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit.
- Applicants must be full-time Ph.D. students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021).
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits.
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/ or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Facebook Fellowship Program need to submit the following documents:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award.
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor.
- You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Applications for the 2021 Fellowship Program will begin on August 10, 2020. The last date to apply is October 2, 2020. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ernest Rutherford Fellowship 2020 for Early Career Researchers [Fully Funded to UK]: Apply by Sept 17.
Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research by DBT/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance: Apply by Aug 11.