FACE UP 2020-IATA Cargo Career Competition for Graduate Students at World Cargo Symposium, Istanbul: Register by Jan 17
About the Competition
International Air Transport Association (IATA) FACE-UP! gives recent graduates from around the world with the opportunity to present their thesis to industry executives at the 2020 World Cargo Symposium (WCS) in Istanbul, Turkey.
Their work must focus on innovation and transformation in air transport logistics (e.g., transportation, operations, mobility, revenue management, distribution, customer experience, etc.). The entries received will be evaluated based upon the innovative, transforming, and visionary nature of the content, as well as the quality of the solution presented in the thesis.
An independent jury panel will choose the top three entrants. They will be invited to pitch their thesis idea in front of 1200 top-level industry professionals at the closing plenary of the WCS. Besides being a unique networking opportunity, attending the WCS will also provide a valuable chance to learn about the latest trends and developments in the air cargo industry.
- University graduate ( bachelor, masters, or PhD), current or within two years of graduation
- Thesis preferably defended before December 2019
- Research focused on air transport logistics
- Able to present in a dynamic and captivating way at the WCS Closing Plenary
- Entry pass to the Future Air Cargo Executive Summit (FACES) 2020 and the FACE Cocktail will be free for each individual entrant that is shortlisted as a finalist.
- Entry pass to 2020 WCS will be free for each individual Entrant that is shortlisted as a finalist, including travel and accommodation.
- Each shortlisted finalist will be given a 10-minute presentation slot at the 2020 WCS Closing Plenary to present their thesis.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the competition through this link.
- 27 August 2019: Competition launch
- 17 January 2020: End of the submission period
- 12 February 2020: Announcement of the finalists
- 12 March 2020: Final voting at the IATA World Cargo Symposium
For more details, click here.
About the Author