ISTE (INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION) THAPAR chapter is organizing a coding based event “EXTRICATE ELEVEN” on 29 August at 5 pm.
About the Organizer
ISTE is the abode to a passionate community that believes in harnessing the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education.
About Extricate Eleven
“Nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world”
Our event is a step ahead of all the boring and mundane competitions as it comes with an interesting theme to keep all participants hooked as participants will have the responsibility of saving ELEVEN. All the mind boggling puzzles will work as a passcode to help free Eleven.
If they don’t solve the puzzles they end in the prison of the Mindflayer. There will be plenty of twists and turns. To test participants’ coding prowess. The stakes will be high, even one misstep can lead to problems.
It is a 3 hour long event themed on the famous Netflix series Stranger things. There will be multiple levels where all participating teams will have to solve a coding based puzzle, which will award them points. Team with maximum no. of points in the end will be declared as the winner.
The answer to each question will be a string which will have to be submitted on the event’s website only then the participants will reach the next question. Participants will stay updated through societies discord server and Instagram handle.
Participants can form a team of maximum 3 members and a minimum of 2, making it 2-3 members per team. In case of a tie after all questions it will be resolved on the basis of the amount of time taken by the teams. Team with the least time will be declared the winner.
- The event is based on the Netflix show Stranger things. The goal will be to save Eleven from Hawkins lab. In order to save her, teams will have to help her friends overcome some challenges and help them reach Eleven.
- Each question will be a coding or algo based question and for entering the correct answer to each question on the event’s website the teams will be awarded 10 points.
- The final question will only unlock after you complete all previous questions and this question will be for 20 points.
Any student from Thapar can make a team of 2-3 students and participate in the event.
Cash prizes worth Rs. 2000 will be awarded to winners and also there will be goodies worth Rs. 200000 for the top rankers.
How to Register?
- Register for the event through this link.
- Visit society website here.
- Other links to receive updates: https://linktr.ee/iste_tiet
NoticeBard is proud to be the media partner for this event.