The HSS Linguistics Unit at IIT Delhi will organize a 7-day workshop on ‘Experimental & Empirical Methods in Linguistics’ from 9th July to 15th July 2017.
The workshop aims to introduce participants with methods and tools used in experimental and corpus/computational linguistics.
The workshop will be a combination of talks and lab sessions. Talks will provide an opportunity to learn about some current trends in psycho/neuro-linguistics, computational linguistics and cognitive science.
Lab sessions will familiarize the participants with R programming, experiment design, data analysis and corpus linguistics.
Salient features of the workshop
- Lab sessions on how to design and run a psycholinguistic experiment.
- Lab sessions on data analysis of different types of experimental data (e.g. grammaticality judgement, reaction time, eye-tracking data, etc.). We will use R to do all the analysis.
- Lab sessions on basics of corpus linguistics using NLTK.
- Lectures on some current trends in psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, computational linguistics and cognitive science.
- Participants will be provided a certificate after successful completion of the workshop.
- Students who intend to pursue research in psycho linguistics/neuro linguistics/computational linguistics and would like to learn experimental design, data analysis techniques, and corpus analysis.
- The workshop would be ideal for students who are starting their research in such areas.
- Research scholars who would like to brush up their basics in these domains can also apply.
- Students from other disciples such as psychology, cognitive science, computer science, etc who want to learn experimental design and data analysis techniques can also apply.
- Last date for registration: 17th May 2017 (or until seats last)
- Start of workshop: 9th July 2017
- End of workshop: 15th July 2017
Email to email@example.com or call us on 9560670053/011-25697395/9711848262
For more information, please visit the official website link here.
About the Author