Applications are open for Excellence Master Fellowships 2019 offered by the Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva. Apply by March 15.
About the Institution:
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized leading research institution. This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences, and the environment.
The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for an academic but also a professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication and media.
About the Fellowship:
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
Rs. 7,04,573 (CHF 10,000) to Rs. 10,56,859 (CHF 15,000) per year.
One year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
How to apply?
- Applicant must meet the admission criteria of the Master of his/her choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
- For the application to be considered, each student has to fulfill the enrollment procedure as described here.
- The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to ) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), or TOEFL or other language tests.
Click here to apply for the Excellence Master Fellowships.