The Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an E-Workshop on Case Study as a Pedagogical Tool for Teaching in Management from August 2 to 6, 2021.
The case base method is considered the best technique to deliver lectures as it is participative and discussion-based in nature. Case-based teaching in management will give rise to acquiring new skills, innovative ways of thinking improve communication and develop the ability to apply concepts. Despite its benefits, few challenges have been observed in management education in India such as the adoption & application of case studies, etc.
The institute came into existence on August 7, 1986, as Regional Engineering College Hamirpur in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was a joint enterprise of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh. On June 26, 2002, the institute was awarded the status of the deemed university and upgraded into a National Institute of Technology.
- To discuss case analysis and its application in management education
- To demonstrate various methods/ techniques of case discussion and writing teaching notes.
- To diagnose the issues in the case and the approach of finding several solutions to the same problem.
- To learn the publication and promotion of case studies in quality journals.
- Introduction to Case analysis and different facets of qualitative analysis
- Typical structure of case study
- How to write a caselet?
- Case study vs caselet,
- How to write impactful case studies?
- How to prepare a teaching note?
- Where, how to publish, and promote your case study?
- Integrating case study teaching approach into curriculum development, teaching through audio-video cases,
- How to prepare a case for class teaching?
- Challenges of using case studies
- How to engage students through case studies a practical approach. (Part I)
- How to engage students through case studies a practical approach. (Part II)
Faculty from IIMs, IITs, NITs, IIITs, and State Universities will deliver the lectures.
Registration is compulsory for all the delegates. The registration fee is non-refundable:
- Research Scholars/ Students: Rs. 200
- Academia and Industry: Rs. 500
The registration fee can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the workshop, click here.
E-certificates will be provided to those participants who have attended at least 75% of the program. The last date to register is July 31, 2021.
You might also be interested in: