Everything Change Climate Fiction Contest 2020 at Arizona State University, US [Prizes Worth Rs. 71k]: Submit by April 15
About the Contest
The Everything Change Climate Fiction Contest, presented by the Imagination and Climate Futures Initiative at Arizona State University.
Inspired by the incredible international response to our climate fiction contests in 2016 and 2018, we are proud to announce our third contest in 2020—a momentous year for climate action, and an unprecedented opportunity to reimagine how humans will live on this planet in the future. All genres are welcome.
The contest is looking for short stories that help us imagine how humans can live within Earth’s planetary boundaries—at the individual level, yes, but more importantly at the level of organizations, communities, and societies, and at the level of a global human civilization.
The author of the winning story will receive a $1000 prize, and nine finalists will receive $100 prizes. The winning story and finalists will be published in an anthology by the Imagination and Climate Futures Initiative at Arizona State University.
- Submit up to one (1) work of short fiction with a maximum length of 5,000 words.
- Your submission must be under 5,000 words.
- Your submission must contain no identifying information (including your name) anywhere within the document.
- Submissions that exceed 5,000 words or contain any identifying information about the author will be disqualified.
- Submissions must be original work that has not been previously published in print or online.
- While the presence of other languages in the text is acceptable, the majority of the work must be written in English.
- Participants must be 18 years or older. U.S. and international submissions are welcome. ASU students and employees are welcome to participate.
How to Submit?
Interested participants can submit their stories through this link.
April 15, 2020
For more details, click here.
About the Author