Ministry of Education, Government of India in association with Ministry of Defence is glad to announce an essay and patriotic poetry competition for school students.
This competition is being organized to celebrate, “Republic day”, popularly known as “GanatantraDiwas” on 26th January. India became a republic on 26 January 1950. On this day, the Constitution of India was implemented in our country by removing the Government of India Act (1935).
Celebration of this occasion annually helps youth and children of the country to be aware of the significance of unity and integrity of this great nation and provides an opportunity to everyone to be proud of their nation endowed with rich and varied heritage.
- Indian Constitution & Democracy
- Struggle for Independence
- Warriors of Indian independence.
- True meaning of celebration of Republic day.
The Essay and Poetry Competitionaremeant for school students of classes VI to XII from schools under CBSE, KVS, NVS, NIOS and all school boards/SCERTs at the State/UT Level.
Word Limits of Essay for each theme: The essay should be within 1500* word limit.
Word Limits of Patriotic Poetry Writing for each theme: The poem should be within 100* word limit
- Start Date: 20th January 2021
- Last Date of Submission: 30th January 2021
- The participant should submit the write-up in PDF file format only.
- Visit the website www.MyGov.in to submit the essay.
- Write-up text should be submitted in readable Font of Hindi/English.
- Font size should be 12 for English and 14 for Hindi.
- Line spacing should be 1.15 only.
- Entries must be in either in English or Hindi
- Selection of the best essay/poem will be taken up at two levels. Firstly, SCERTs may form a committee of experts to examine the entries at the State/UT level and select the 10 best entries.
- Next, the selected10 essays/poems from each State/UT will become a pool of selected essays/poems for final selection at the national level by a team of experts of NCERT.
- All the entries received within the due date will be placed before a Selection Committee for final selection. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding on all the contestants.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition/its entries/winners shall be subject to jurisdiction of Delhi only.
beinga living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independentlyMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)