The second cycle of the CEPT Essay Prize (2019-2020) will focus on ‘Dwelling in Asian Cities’. The term Asian here will refer to a more geographical location of places and cities, and the many histories from which contemporary Asia emerges, rather than any abstraction of a cultural typology emerging from an unproductive East-West binary.
- What are the imaginations of Dwelling? Dwelling as aspirations, dreams, mythologies, mysteries, struggles, and more…
- What are the challenges of Dwelling – in the ways we understand land politics, economic shifts, cultural slides, nation and nationality, governance and mobility?
- What are the opportunities of new imaginations of the contemporary through Dwelling – by nature of innovations and reinterpretations, neighnourhoods recalibrated, and the will to self-assertion?
- Graduates from any allied areas of architecture and planning, up to the age of 30 years
- Individual Submissions Only
- Any candidate can apply to the CEPT Essay Prize for a maximum of two cycles; however, those who have been awarded the first or second position in any cycle are no longer eligible to apply for a subsequent cycle.
- Please refer to the document click here for all technical writing guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Participants are invited to submit an essay abstract of about 800 words. Send your essay to email@example.com by July 15.
- A panel of four experts will review them and shortlist 45 entrants.
- The selected participants after being duly informed, will be required to submit a long form essay of 3000 words, which will be reviewed by a panel of three eminent jurors.
- All submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The writing should be accessible to a wider readership beyond the architecture and planning audiences; and it should also be able to connect with readers across the world beyond South and South-East Asia.
- Clarity of thought and simplicity of language will be preferred.
- Directness of communication or arguments presented is encouraged.
First Prize: INR 100,000
Second Prize: INR 50,000
Two Honorary mentions
Announcement of the Essay Prize: Apr 2019
First abstracts: Jul 15th, 2019 (Last Date Extended)
Announcements of final selection of Abstracts: Aug 15th, 2019
Submission of final Essays: Aug 30, 2019
Announcement of winners of the Essay Prize: Oct 15th, 2019
079 2630 2470