The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation has decided to conduct 3rd The Essay Competition aims to make the youth aware of the need for conservation and prevention of pollution of this precious natural resource.
The Essay Competition will be held among the youth in the age group up to 18 years across the country.
The Regional Director/ Head of Office/Officer- in-charge of the Regional Offices/State Unit Offices of CGWB will be the Nodal Officers for the Essay Competition for the State(s)/UT(s) under their jurisdiction.
All eligible person(s) may send one essay in either Hindi or English or Local/ Regional language through e-mail/post to the Nodal Officers for Phase – I of the Competition.
The Theme of the Essay Competition for Phase – I is “Swachh Jal – Swachh Bharat”.
The e-mail id and address of the Nodal Officers are available on the CGWB website.
Who Can Participate?
Youth in age group of up to 18 years of age.
Language: Hindi/English/any regional language
Winners of the ten best essays of for Phase – I in each state/UT will be invited to participate in the Phase – II of Essay Competition and will be given participation certificate.
The theme for the Phase – II will be given at the venue.
Among these ten, the best three participants will be selected from each State/UT.
Out of these three essays from each State/ UT the best 60 participants will be given following prizes:
- First Prize (10 nos): Rs. 50,000 each
- Second Prize (10 nos): Rs. 25,000 each
- Third Prize (10 nos): Rs. 15,000 each
- Consolation (30 nos): Rs. 5,000 each
- The essay is to be submitted in the respective State of his/her present stay to the respective Nodal Officer only. Else it would be rejected.
- Details of the participant including name, date of birth, father’s/mother’s name, profession (student, working etc.), name/address of educational institution/work place, communication address, telephone/mobile number(s), E-mail ID etc., are to be furnished along with the essay.
- Each essay should not exceed 1500 words.
- All the participants should submit/attach a colored passport size photo along with their essay.
- It is mandatory for all participants to have Aadhaar/ Aadhaar enrollment.
- Last Date for Submission: 31st December 2017
The contact details of the nodal officer for each region are given in the official link given below.