Applications are invited for Essay Competition for World Environment Day 2021 by ICMR-NIREH.
National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bhopal, is one of the permanent institutes of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a Government of India’s apex autonomous organization for bio-medical research in the country.
Historical Indian Council of Medical Research, an apex national body in biomedical research in India, after the Methyl Isocynate (MIC) gas/toxic gas disaster in the night of 2nd and 3rd December, 1984 in Bhopal set up, a Coordinating Unit in 1985 and initiated several research programmes.
About the Competition
The Essay Competition for World Environment Day 2021 is organized by ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bhopal.
Title of the Essay
“Ecosystem Degradation and the Need for Restoration: Through the Lens of Environment and Human Health”
Any student currently registered for any kind of graduate/post-graduate/doctoral degree course in India is eligible for participation. Each participant can submit only one essay in either English or Hindi language for the competition.
- Length of Essay: No longer than 5000 words and preferably, more than 2000 words.
- Scoring of the essay: Following criteria will be used in assessing the submitted essays:
- Content Originality/Relevance: 65%
- Structure/Flow of writing: 10%
- Clarity & Coherence/Language: 15%
- Overall impression: 10%
- Hence, participants are requested to pay special attention to the above-mentioned points while writing their essays. The decision of judges regarding the evaluation of the essays will be considered final and no appeal/request for re-evaluation will be entertained.
- Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.
- Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
Prizes and Certificates
- Winner of the competition: ₹ 7000/-
- First Runner Up of the competition: ₹ 4000/-
Results will be published on the website of ICMR-NIREH in 1st week of June. The winners will be invited to participate in an online symposium to be held by ICMR-NIREH on 5th June 2021 on the occasion of World Environment Day.
How to Submit?
- The essays need to be submitted in electronic format (preferably as a word file) mentioning (the name of the participant, e-mail ID/contact number, and details of college/university) to email@example.com latest by 30th May, 2021 (6:00pm).
- Essays received after the deadline will not be considered for evaluation.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
May 30, 2021
In case of any technical assistance needed regarding the submission of essays, participants are encouraged to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, click the link below.