The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India is glad to announce an essay competition for school students at the secondary and senior secondary stages (classes IX, X, XI, and XII) on the theme ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat‘, which envisions the emergence of a robust and strong nation committed to the welfare of all.
It is a clarion call by the Honorable Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi for a strong, vibrant and self-reliant India for all and an India of all. The themes designed in the essay will help students to explore their ideas for translating the concept of Aatmanirbhar, self-reliance into an achievable one.
The themes of the competition are:
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Indian Constitution and Democracy are the biggest enablers
- India at 75: A Nation Marching towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat through Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Innovation thrives when there is Unity in Diversity
- Digital India for Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Opportunities on COVID-19 and Beyond
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat – How can school children contribute to National Development?
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Overcoming Gender, Caste, and Ethnic biases
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Making of a New India through Bio-diversity and Agricultural Prosperity
- While I exercise my rights, I must not forget to undertake my duties to usher in an Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- My physical fitness is my wealth that will build the Human Capital for Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- Conserve Blue to Go Green for an Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Who can Participate?
The essay competition is meant for students of Secondary and Higher Secondary Stages from schools under CBSE, KVS, NVS, NIOS, and All School boards/ SCERTs at the State/UT Level.
- IX to X (Secondary Stage)
- XI to XII (Higher Secondary Stage)
Attractive prizes shall be announced shortly for the national level entries. Participation certificates shall be jointly issued by NCERT and My-Gov for all participants who submit their essays.
Guidelines for Submission
Word Limits of Essay for each theme:
- For the Secondary Stage (Class IX & X) the essay should be within 500* word limits
- For the Higher Secondary Stage (Class XI &XII) the essay should be within 800* word limits
The participant should submit the write-up in PDF file format only. Write-up text should be submitted in the readable Font of Hindi/ English. The font size should be 12 for English and 14 for Hindi. Line spacing should be 1.15 only. Entries must be in either in English or Hindi
- The selection of the best essay will be taken up at two levels. Firstly, SCERTs may form a committee of experts to examine the entries at the state/ UT level and select the 10 best entries.
- Next, the selected 10 essays from each state/ UT will become a pool of selected essays for final selection at the national level by a team of experts selected by NCERT.
- All the entries received within the due date will be placed before a Selection Committee for final selection. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding on all the contestants.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition/its entries/ winners shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi only.
How to Participate?
To participate and submit your essays online, click here. The last date to submit your entries is August 23, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.