Applications are now open for the Ernest Solvay Fund 2021. One of the primary aims of the Ernest Solvay Fund is to promote interest in scientific and technological training and development, both in Belgium and abroad.
It does this by supporting initiatives in both education and entrepreneurship in areas of science and technology such as chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics, and earth sciences. The medical and pharmaceutical fields are not a priority.
Selected projects will receive funding up to € 7500.
Any organization implementing a non-commercial project which is intended to promote and encourage:
- Scientific/ technological training or study as a choice for young people and/or training of their entrepreneurial skills;
- Promotion of and involvement in scientific research
- Scientific and technological entrepreneurship.
Applications for scholarships for studies or research, in the frame of doctoral or postdoctoral research, are not taken into consideration. The organization of conferences may be taken into account provided they bring together young people for educational purposes.
The projects outside the European borders have to be realized in countries where Solvay is active or be supported by or implemented in partnership with a European organization.
During its selection process, the jury will pay attention to the following criteria:
- The potential impact and innovative character of the project.
- The project must be clear, concrete, and realistic.
- It must be possible to implement it with the stated funding and within the stated timetable.
- The summary of the project must be as accurate as possible and it has to be stated to what expenses the Fund’s grant is going to be allocated.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 15, 2021.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.