Applications are invited by Science and Technology Facilities Council from Early Career Researchers for the Ernest Rutherford Fellowship 2020. The Ernest Rutherford Fellowships will enable early career researchers with clear leadership potential to establish a strong, independent research program.
They will encourage talented researchers in UK universities to remain in the country and at the same time attract outstanding overseas researchers to the UK. Ernest Rutherford Fellowships are intended for early-career researchers who do not have an academic position.
Applications must fall within the remit of the STFC core Science Programme (astronomy, solar and planetary science, particle physics, particle astrophysics, cosmology, nuclear physics, accelerator science) and afford scope for original work.
The following areas will be funded:
- Directly Incurred Costs
- Other Costs
- Relocation and Visas
- Publication Costs
- Directly Allocated Costs
- Indirect Costs
- Ernest Rutherford Fellowships are intended for early-career researchers who do not have a permanent academic position. You are not eligible if you currently hold a permanent academic position or the equivalent in institutions other than universities.
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. at the time of applying for an Ernest Rutherford Fellowship.
- If you secure a permanent position prior to the offer of a Fellowship you will be ineligible to hold the Fellowship.
- Fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality.
- Applications are welcome from candidates who intend to use the Fellowship as a means of re‐establishing themselves in the United Kingdom following a period overseas.
In considering your Fellowship application, the Fellowship Panel will use the following criteria:
- The excellence of the research achievements of the applicant;
- The potential of the individual to lead their research discipline;
- The capability of the applicant to fulfill the wider responsibilities of an academic career;
- The quality, timeliness, feasibility, novelty, and vision of the research proposal;
- The potential impact on STFC strategic priorities with a clearly achievable and project-specific proposal to realize both the immediate scientific and wider impact goals.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 17, 2020.
Phone Number: +(44)(0)1793 413195
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research by DBT/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance: Apply by Aug 11.