The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory of IIM Calcutta and Indian Finance Association is organizing the fifth summer school on Empirical Finance and Accounting Research during 29 April – 7 May 2019.
About the programme:
This is a fully residential programme which will expose participants to ten classic papers published in top journals. These papers are carefully chosen by expert and contain the following two features:
- talk about interesting problems and focus on strong methodology; and
- replicable empirical findings.
The participants will be guided by a team of eminent faculty from India and abroad to walk through these papers to understand the ‘the art of writing’ high-quality papers and in the process learn some solid research methods.
There is a pre-summer school segment as well scheduled on April 27-28. The pre-summer school tutorial on Financial Econometrics will help participants learn important statistical methods and techniques that are commonly used in research in Finance and Accounting.
The tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Basic Econometrics
- Event Study Methodology
- Multiple Regression Analysis
- Time Series Modelling
- Handling High-Frequency Data
Who can attend?
Assistant and Associate Professors in the area of Finance and Accounting and Ph.D. students in relevant areas can apply for registration. Seats are limited. Maximum capacity for the summer school is 40.
Pre-summer school tutorial fee:
- Domestic participants: Rs. 8000 plus applicable GST.
- Overseas participants: Rs. 21,300 (US$ 300) plus applicable GST.
The fee would include course materials, accommodation on twin sharing basis and all meals.
- Corporate Governance
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Finance
- Market Microstructure
The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
- Domestic participants: Rs. 35,000 plus applicable GST.
- Overseas participants: Rs. 71,000 ($ 1000) plus applicable GST.
- The fee would include course materials, accommodation on twin sharing basis and all meals. Those who want single accommodation have to pay ₹ 1500/- (plus GST) extra per night.
31st March 2019.
To register and pay, click here.