The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for the Ekalavya Summer Internship 2020.
The interns have to stay within the IIT campus during the internship. Hostel accommodation will be made available to you during the period of the internship. In May-June 2019, around 55 interns worked on summer internship projects.
The internship projects develop useful software for our initiatives while simultaneously enabling the participants to fulfill summer internship requirements of their respective academic programs.
IIT will provide you library reading room facility, and limited access to Gymkhana facilities. A certificate will be issued on successful completion of the internship. Kindly note that IIT professors in-charge of the program will seldom give recommendation letters for admission to institutions outside India.
- All the work under the summer internship is released under Open Source.
- Consequently, most of the tools and software environments used in our R&D is also from Open Source Software(OSS).
- You will thus be working on Ubuntu (a variant of Linux), and using Python, MYSQL/Postgress, JAVA, GCC and other such packages.
- Even if you do not have adequate exposure to these, you will get ample opportunity to learn them during your internship.
- All we expect is that you are able to learn fast, and are able to meaningfully use what you learn.
- You will be engaged for a period of 7 weeks. Your project leader will evaluate your work at the end of the internship.
- We expect everyone to work hard, and successfully complete the assignments well in advance of the last date.
Who can Apply?
Candidates completing B.Tech./B.E. 3rd year in April/May 2020. Students completing 2nd year, with exceptional academic performance and other achievements are invited to apply.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on academic performance in their school/college/university, and on their technical accomplishments. The reputation of the college and the performance of past students of that college in our internship program may also be taken into account.
Shortlisted candidates will also take a mandatory written (timed) online programming test in C.
How to Apply?
- To apply online for the internship, click here.
- IIT Bombay will not be extending any financial support except paying your enrolment fees to IIT Bombay.
- The candidates will have to manage expenses during their stay in IIT on their own.
- The internship will begin from May 18, 2020 (tentatively).
- The last date to apply is March 1, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com