Earth-Tech Challenge for Young Innovators [Win A Trip to Australia]: Submit by Jan 24
The EarthTech Challenge brings together a community of entrepreneurs, technologists, innovators, mentors, and like-minded partners. You don’t have to participate in the challenge to be a part of EarthTech. If you would like to be up to speed on all the latest news and participate with us in changing the world, learn more about joining the tribe.
Applications are invited from purpose-driven young people aged between 13-29 with a passion for solving the world’s most pressing environmental and social issues, to participate in the 6 weeks EarthTech Challenge starting in December 2019.
Form your teams, choose your division (13-17 years and 18-29 years), begin formulating your ideas and prototypes, and prepare for your “summer of impact” with a world-class curriculum and prizes including an all-expenses-paid trip to the EarthTech Summit on Makepeace Island.
The Challenge Categories
Each category covers one or more of the Global Goals. Judging criteria will include the impact a submission makes on the Global Goals. Teams are welcome to describe the impact their idea or solution will have on the Global Goals.
- Poverty & Inequality: This category includes the following Global Goals: #1. No Poverty; #4. Quality Education; #5. Gender Equality; #8. Decent Work and Economic Growth, #10. Reduced Inequalities; #16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions;
- Food, Water & Health: This category includes the following Global Goals: #2. Zero Hunger; #3. Good Health and Wellbeing; #6. Clean Water and Sanitation.
- Climate & Energy: This category includes the following Global Goals: #7. Affordable and Clean Energy; #13. Climate Action.
- Sustainable Futures: This category includes the following Global Goals: #9. Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure; #11. Sustainable Cities and Communities; #12. Responsible Consumption and Production.
- Environment & Biodiversity: This category includes the following Global Goals: #14. Life Below Water; #15. Life On Land.
The winners of each category receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the EarthTech Summit at Makepeace Island in Noosa, Richard Branson’s home in Australia (and other cash and product prizes). While on the island, the winning teams will work with experts and investors to take their solution from Makepeace Island to the world, which represents millions of dollars of investable investment.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can register for the challenge by clicking here.
- It is completely free to enter the EarthTech Challenge.
- It is not possible to join multiple categories.
- Judging criteria will include the impact a submission makes on the UN SDGs.
- Teams are welcome to describe the impact on any UN SDGs.
- The Judging is weighted in four areas: Impact (25%), Business (25%), Tech (25%) and Public Vote (25%).
- The last date to submit is January 24, 2020.
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.