Applications are invited from meritorious and ambitious candidates for the Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research 2020 which is being offered by The Department of Biotechnology (DBT)/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance.
This is a mentored Fellowship program that provides a unique opportunity for promising postdoctoral researchers to carry out high-quality biomedical research in India towards building an independent research career.
- Full-spectrum of basic biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular biology to ecology and evolution.
- Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
The 5-year Fellowship typically provides:
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research funds
- Support to work in a lab overseas for up to 2 years and develop international collaborations
- Applicant must be in the final year of Ph.D. or have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of Ph.D. viva to the invited full application submission deadline (tentatively in October 2020 for the current round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified non-research career breaks
- The applicant may either have completed or been pursuing a Ph.D. in any discipline of science; however, the proposed research work must be within the funding remit of India Alliance
- There are no restrictions based on age or nationality
- The Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- The Applicant must choose a not-for-profit host institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration (5 years) of the award in line with India Alliance award conditions and policies
- The applicant may or may not have a faculty position.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Early Career Fellowships need to submit the following documents:
- Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question.
- A Fellowship Supervisor who would guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this end; the proposed research is expected to complement and benefit from the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise.
- An additional letter of recommendation from a person, other than the proposed Fellowship Supervisor, who can comment on the applicant’s research training.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is August 11, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training 2020 [Funding Available]: Apply by Oct 1.