The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications from meritorious candidates for the Early-Career Fellowship 2020.
The IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) offers young scholars the opportunity to work on exciting challenges or research problems in a creative and interdisciplinary ecosystem. Fellows in the program will have access not only to their assigned department but to the entire research infrastructure and facility of the Institute, which prizes interdisciplinarity.
- Fellows will receive Rs. 1,00,000 per month (Rs. 90,000/- plus Rs 10,000/- HRA).
- A professional development grant of up to Rs. 2.00 Lakh per year will be made available that also supports international travel to attend conferences, workshops, training programs, etc.
- Fellows can submit individual proposals for financial support to conduct seminars, workshops, and other scholarly activities.
- The Fellowship will be awarded initially for one year. In case of outstanding performance, the Fellowship may be extended for another one year (that is, total Fellowship duration of two years).
- Fellows are expected to dedicate themselves to work full-time towards their research goals in collaboration with a faculty member, and they should aspire to join another top academic institution after completing their tenure.
- The Fellow will work on a specific research project in collaboration with a faculty member besides engaging in other scholarly activities.
- Fellows may be permitted to engage in teaching a course or guiding undergraduate & postgraduate students after assessing their research outcome.
- One of the aims of the project should be to timely disseminate the created knowledge through high-impact scholarly publications.
The applicants should have obtained a doctoral degree from an institution in India after 1st July 2019, and their research work should be rated high with supporting scholarly publications. The candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis are also welcome to apply.
- As part of the application process, the applicants will develop a research proposal in a prescribed format in collaboration with a faculty member at IITGN. The plan will outline their research and professional objectives and must be endorsed by the proposed faculty collaborator.
- The applicants can directly contact the faculty collaborator or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with them.
- The applicant will also submit a personal statement describing their aspirations and the expectations from themselves during this Fellowship.
- The candidates from IIT Gandhinagar can apply to work with a faculty collaborator other than their Ph.D. supervisor on a topic of their mutual interest.
- The applicant will provide names and contact information of THREE referees who can objectively assess the candidate’s potential towards this Fellowship.
- Applicants are free to apply to ANY discipline and can submit only ONE application.
- Faculty members may endorse more than one proposal.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in ICAI-Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 [Scholarship Amount Rs. 50k/Month, 5 Seats]: Apply by July 31.