DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Programme [Aug 2019-Sept 2020, Student Exchange]: Apply by April 1
Applications are now open for DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Programme 2019-20. Applications close on April 1.
About the Fellowship:
DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Programme was established in 2011 with the aim of promoting exchanges of students between Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea, and Vietnam) on a balanced and permanent basis.
In this respect, DUO-Belgium/Flanders requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students will be exchanged in the framework of a cooperative project.
Definition of ‘student’:
- Undergraduate (bachelor) and graduate (master) students who are currently enrolled in universities or university colleges in Flanders or one of the four Asian countries.
- Nationality of the student is not a criterion.
All applicants should maintain their ‘student status’ from the time of application until the end of their exchange period.
Due to the unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the exchange project needs to fulfill all five requirements below:
- A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
- The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the Asian partner, cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
- The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed in a Flemish Higher Education Institution.
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
- If the Flemish student has already started the exchange or the Asian student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period for DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2019, the application is not acceptable.
Application Material for Submission:
1. Filling out an Online Application Form.
2. A Copy of Cooperation Agreement between paired institutions OR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Flemish Higher Education Institution by uploading to the website with scanned files (only the valid one).
3. A copy of the passport of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files.
4. A motivation letter with a personal and academic motivation (max. 2 pages A4) of each of the paired applicants by uploading to the website.
From August 2019 to September 2020.
The selection of DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2019 is made ONLY once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in the Spring Semester of 2020 (January-August 2020) shall apply for DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2019.
For further information, click here.
About the Author