The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka is organizing an NSTEDB-DST Sponsored Women’s Entrepreneurship Development Program from February 1 to 26, 2021.
NITK Surathkal is a premier Institute engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by an act of Parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs, and Ph.D. programs.
The Women Entrepreneurship Development Program (WEDP) aims at training budding women entrepreneurs of Science and Technology graduates and the diploma holders. The WEDP primarily focuses on the training and development need of S&T entrepreneurs in specific technology areas of Environmental Problems, Sustainable Development, Healthcare, Information & Communication Technology, Electronics domain.
Designed to motivate and develop entrepreneurs in Technology related areas for:
- Entrepreneurship related knowledge through well-structured expert lectures and interactions.
- Training on techno-managerial topics as well as ICT skills covering a wide range of important topics that are useful for the young entrepreneur.
- Interaction with entrepreneurs and industry experts will impart real life exposure.
- Self Discovery and Opportunity thinking
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Business Model Design
- Legal Issues and financing.
- Experience sharing with entrepreneurs, interaction, etc.
Who can Attend?
The program is open to women participants in the age group of 18-40 years, possessing/ pursuing degree in any branch of Science/ Engineering/ Technology or Diploma of at least 2-3 years from any recognized Government institution.
The Number of participants will be limited to 30. There is no registration fee for the program.
Successful entrepreneurs in the field, experts from Wadhwani Foundation, academicians from NITs, IIMs, etc will share their journey and experience in the area of entrepreneurship.
To download the registration form, click here. The filled-in registration form has to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to register is January 26, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.