Applications are invited for DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship 2021. The last date of application is 4 October 2021.
About INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, launched the “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” Programme in 2008. This programme which covers the age group of 15-37 years, aims to attract young Indian talent towards study of science leading to careers in research. INSPIRE includes multiple components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme offers post-doctoral fellowships to young achievers with an opportunity for independent research in the near term to emerge as a future leader in the long term.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin with PIO status having PhD degree (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Higher Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their PhD theses and are awaiting the award of degree shall also be eligible. However, selection for the Fellowship will be confirmed only after the PhD degree is awarded.
- The upper age limit as on 1st Jan 2021 is 32 years for General Category. However, for SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating outstanding research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular position in any institute/university after submission of IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
Eligible candidates need to submit applications ONLINE through the portal of INSPIRE programme. No other mode of submission of the application is permitted.
Amount & Duration
- Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000/- per month as fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carryforward amount, if any, from the previous year. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years. No Fellow should avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
Last date for making online applications is 4th October 2021.
- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, in coordination with DST, is implementing this INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme up to the stage of recommendation of candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- A three-tier selections process, viz. evaluation by discipline-based Expert Committees (INSA), followed by the recommendations of Apex Level Committee (INSA) and INSPIRE Faculty Award Council (DST). Based on the recommendations of these Committees, DST makes the final selection.
You may also be interested in:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY 2021 Fellowship for Science [Exam on Nov 7]: Apply by Aug 25