Applications and Nominations are invited for the Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2020.
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, has launched the “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” program in 2008.
The program aims to attract talent for study of science and careers with research. INSPIRE includes many components. INSPIRE Faculty Scheme offers a contractual research awards to young achievers and opportunity for independent research in the near term and emerge as a future leader in the long term.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin including NRI/PIO status with PhD (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine, and agriculture-related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates shall possess minimum 60% ( or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout his/her academic profile starting from Higher Secondary examination( class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D Theses and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible. However, the award will be conveyed only after confirmation of the awarding the Ph.D degree.
- The upper age limit as on 1st July 2020 should be 32 years for considering support for a period of 5 years. However, for SC and ST candidates, upper age limit will be 35 years. The upper age limit for PwD category will be 42 years/
- Publication(s) in highly reputed Journals demonstrating research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual position within India may apply for INSPIRE Faculty Award towards improvement and enhancement of his/her career prospects but upon selection, the candidate needs to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization for the implementation of INSPIRE Faculty Award.
Candidates who are within top 1% at the School Leaving Examination, IIT-JEE rank, 1st Rank Holder either in graduation or post-graduation level university examination (which are used presently for identifying INSPIRE Scholars at under-graduate level and INSPIRE Fellows for doctoral degree).
How to apply
There are two routes i.e. Direct, Nomination available for applying by the eligible candidates.
- Candidates, who intend to apply Direct or Nomination mode, may apply only online. Detailed guidelines are available at the INSPIRE website for information.
- After submission of application through online, the candidate may obtain a print of the application thus submitted for personal use only.
- Nominations from academic institutions or Industry R&D through Vice-Chancellors/ Directors of Institutions/ Head of Institutions/ Presidents and Fellows of Science Academies or Eminent Scientists from India and Abroad based on personal knowledge. Nominations to be sent to Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi.
Eligible candidates who wish themselves to be considered in “Direct (A)‟ or Nominated (B)‟ route, may fill the online application through the web portal address given above for consideration.
The deadline for applying in the prescribed format is September 10, 2020.
Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000/-p.m as fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carry-forward amount, if any, from the previous year.
The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5 (five) years. No Fellow shall avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
INSPIRE Programme Division, Department of Science and Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 016.
Tel. No:0120-4619405, 0120-4619406
Mobile No.:+91-9643339670, +91-7290045884
For official notification, click the link below.