About the Program
The basic aim of the programme is to strengthen the collaboration between Indian and German research groups, which are working jointly on a particular scientific project. The programme ’Project-based Personnel Exchange’ envisages, in this connection, financial support for operational mobility only. Particular emphasis is thereby accorded to academic training and specialization of young researchers.
Concrete objectives have to be mentioned in the application (project description) (including the number and academic credentials of the researchers to be supported). Research collaborations entered into with the intention of initiating major projects, such as the preparation of joint applications meant for submission to any other funding organisation, are highly preferred.
University professors, scientists/researchers and post-doctoral researchers from German and Indian universities and those in permanent positions at public funded research institutes are eligible to apply.
The programme is open to academics in the disciplines of agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, forestry, engineering, earth sciences, mathematics, theoretical computer science, informatics, medicine, life sciences, health sciences, animal sciences, nutritional medicine, physics, material sciences and chemistry.
The applications shall be evaluated on both sides by independent selection committee. The final selection shall be made jointly by DST and DAAD.
- The key criteria for the selection are: The quality of the project (here especially: the clarity of project goals and methodology).
- The scientific significance and relevance of the project (The topicality of the subject and the level of innovation in the project)
- Feasibility of the research project (under which especially: security of funding arrangement, preparatory work, and appropriate planning for reciprocal visits)
- Project-relevant competency of both the research groups.
- Complementarities of the research groups in their common objectives (with regard to methodology, content, instruments, etc.)
- Adequate participation of young scientists.