Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) aims to harness the multifaceted talent available in the country on Robotics and Unmanned systems to create a platform for the development of futuristic defence systems.
The objective of this exposition is to identify and subsequently nurture novel ideas in different parts of our country. Let us all join together and contribute in this nationwide effort to develop future unmanned defence systems.
Who can participate?
Any Indian Engineering students currently pursuing UG or PG courses in IITs/NITs/IISc or from college/institute/University recognized by AICTE/NAAC.
The theme based Exposition is aimed to harness the potential ideas/concepts/technologies in any form (nascent, under development or developed) available nationwide with Students. The proposed themes are as follows:
- Mountain Climbing Robot.
- Mobility in Snow bound Area.
- Soldier Assistance vehicle.
- Casualty Evacuation.
- Surveillance of a Ship.
- Self-Concealing UGV.
- Mobility on water, land and air.
- Underwater Survey system.
- Surveillance in Multi Storey building.
- Battlefield debris clearance.
- Mine detection and clearance.
- Robotic Assistive Device for divyang persons.
- Any other defence applications for Robotics and Unmanned Systems not covered above.
What can be exhibited?
- Innovative ideas.
- Concepts through graphics.
- Concepts/technologies depicted through 2D/3D models.
- Simulation or Animation.
- Concept paper presentation.
- Mock up/working models.
Motivation & Incentive:
- Award & prize money.
- 1st Prize : 1.5 Lakh
- 2nd Prize : 1.0 Lakh
- 3rd Prize : 0.5 Lakh
- National level recognition & visibility for all participants.
- Possibility to work with DRDO on cutting edge technologies.
Screening of Proposals:
The zonal level of screening shall be carried out at zonal centres shown below:
|Zone||States Included in the Zone|
|North||J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand.|
|Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Puducherry, Lakshadweep.|
|North-East||Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh.|
|East||Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand.|
|West||Dadra Nagar & Haveli, Rajasthan, Daman & Diu, Gujarat.|
|Central||Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Maharashtra.|
The national level screening shall be carried out at DRDO Hqr, DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Registration opens: 14 Oct 2017.
- Last date for submission of proposals: 15 Jan 2018.
- 1st level screening results: 31 Jan 2018.
- Zonal level screening: 24 Mar to 15 Apr 2018.
- Zonal level results: 16 Apr 2018.
- National level screening 10 May 2018.
- Award ceremony 11 May 2018.
Click here to register yourself.
Research & Development
Establishment (Engineers), Kalas,
Alandi Road, Dighi, Pune -411015.
For further information on the same, click here.