Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has launched its innovation contest ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ on the 5th death anniversary of former President and noted scientist Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. Dr. Kalam, also known as the missile man, had the vision of self-reliance.
The object of the contest is to unearth disruptive ideas and concepts in emerging technologies identified by DRDO for enhancing defense capabilities.
The scheme is being launched for emerging technologies to promote the individuals & startups for innovation in defense and aerospace technologies in the country after the call of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ given by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Focus Areas of Contest
- Armament Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Micro-Technology and Cyber Security
- Naval Technology
- System Modeling & Analysis
- Life Science Technology
- Aeronautical Technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- 1st Prize- Individual: Rs. 5 lakh; Start-up: Rs. 10 lakh.
- 2nd Prize- Individual: Rs. 4 lakh; Start-up: Rs. 8 lakh.
- 3rd Prize- Individual: Rs. 3 lakh; Start-up: Rs. 6 lakh.
- Individuals: Should be Citizen of India above 18 years of age.
- Start-ups: Start-ups controlled by Indians and recognized by DPITT (formerly recognized as DIPP).
The entries received will be judged by a two-stage process:
- Screened by Domain Expert Committee and
- Short-listing and ranking by Independent Expert Committee.
How to Apply?
- Applications are to be submitted through online mode only.
- Applications to be submitted either in the Individual or Start-up category.
- An individual having a start-up may apply in the capacity of Individual as well as Start-up.
- Select the challenges for which you want to make submissions
- An individual or start-up can apply for not more than five areas of challenge.
- Provide a write-up of 200 words for each challenge selected. You can also submit attachments (PDF format, less than 2 MB) with more details for the submission.
- To apply online for the contest, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.