Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt. (DRDO), Chennai, invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering (passed during 2019, 2020 & 2021), hailing from Tamilnadu, for undergoing one year Apprenticeship training under the Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973.
Category – I: Graduate Apprentices
- Computer Science Engineering: 08
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 03
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 04
- Mechanical Engineering: 11
- Library Science: 03
- Automobile Engineering: 02
Category II: Technician (Diploma) Apprentices
- Computer Science Engineering: 04
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 06
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 05
- Instrumentation Engineering: 01
- Mechanical Engineering: 10
- Graduate Apprentices:
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by a Statutory University in relevant discipline.
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by an Institution empowered to grant such degree by an Act of Parliament in relevant discipline.
- Graduate examination of Professional bodies recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
- Technician (Diploma) Apprentices:
- A Diploma in Engineering or technology granted by a State Council or Board of Technical Education established by a State Government in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering or Technology granted by a University in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering and Technology granted by an Institution recognised by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
Age limit will be followed as per Apprenticeship Rules.
- Graduate Apprentices: Rs. 9000/-
- Technician (Diploma) Apprentices: Rs. 8000/-
The duration of Apprenticeship training will be for a period of one year as per Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973.
- Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) is interested with the task of preparation of shortlist from the online application data. Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the percentage of marks obtained in the basic prescribed qualification as applicable to the respective disciplines.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through their registered Email id. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Certificate Verification at Chennai.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the DRDO Graduate/Diploma Apprenticeship 2021 through this link.
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period, COMBAT VEHICLES RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ESTABLISHMENT (CVRDE), AVADI, CHENNAI shall have no obligation to offer employment to such apprentices nor can an apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending certificate verification.
- No boarding or lodging expenses are admissible.
July 20, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: