Applications are invited for the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For Economically Backward Classes of Tripura State.
Objectives of Scholarship
The objective of the scheme i.s to provide financial assistance to the Economically Backwards Class (EBC) students studying at the post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
These scholarships shall be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled.
Conditions for Eligibility
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to General Category (Other than Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe and Other Backward Classes) and the total income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians in case of the unemployed candidate shall not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum.
- Income certificate should be submitted from the competent authority in the State/Union Territory.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I. A or B’Com’ after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A. in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B.Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where the tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
Value of Scholarship
The value of the scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/thesis typing/printing charges and a book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for the +complete duration of the course.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Feb 15, 2021
For more details, click the link below.