National Innovation Foundation (NIF) invites submissions of creative technological ideas/ innovations from the students up to Standard XII for the tenth national competition for children’s ideas and innovations -Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2019.
NIF dedicates the IGNITE Awards in the loving memory of Dr. Kalam.
NIF, India, an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, announces the tenth national competition for students’ ideas and innovations, in association with the Honey Bee Network, SRISTI, CBSE, and other partners.
About the Award:
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE competition is an annual national competition to harness the creative and innovative spirit of children (up to Standard XII in school or those up to the age of 17 years out of school).
Students are invited to send their original and creative technological ideas and innovations for the same.
NIF only considers ideas/innovations of a) people from the unorganized sector with little/no formal education or professional/technical training and b) students up to class 12.
- The students are encouraged to submit as many entries as they wish.
- Students can submit entries in groups.
- The students from any background viz. arts, commerce, etc. can participate in the competition.
- Submission should clearly mention the name, age, class, school name and address, home address and contact number, the title of the project/idea/innovation, detailed description, diagrams/sketches/photos if any.
- Also, a simple declaration that the project has been done by the student himself/herself without any guidance from teachers/parents.
- Simple essays, write-ups on problems like population, corruption, global warming, unemployment, etc. will not be accepted as well as common projects/concepts.
The submissions for the contest can be made through any of the following means:
- Email the details at ignite[at]nifindia.org
- Submit online here.
- Mail them to the following address (directly/through the Principal)Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2019
National Innovation Foundation – India
Gram Bharti, Amrapur,
No registration fee for this program.
- Last Date of Submission: Aug 31
- Announcement of Results: Oct 15
Telephone: 02764261131/ 32/ 38/ 39