About the Scholarship
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India invites application for Dr Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes 2019, Himachal Pradesh. These scholarships shall be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Economically Backward Class (EBC) students studying at the post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to General Category (Other than Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe and Other Backward Classes) and the total income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians in case of unemployed candidate shall not exceed Rs.1.00 lakh per annum.
- Income certificate should be submitted from the competent authority in the State/Union Territory.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre- examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
- Maintenance Allowance:
- Day scholars will receive a monthly allowance of up to Rs. 350/-
- Hostellers will receive a monthly allowance of up to Rs. 750/-
- The blind scholars will be given additional amount as ‘Readers Charges’ upto Rs. 175/-
- Study tour charges upto a maximum of Rs. 900/- per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges upto a maximum of Rs. 1000/-
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Dec 31, 2019