Doordarshan is organising a short film contest named “India @70 years of freedom” on various themes on the occasion of 70th Anniversary of Independence.
“India @70 years of freedom” is an initiative of Doordarshan to create awareness, education, encouragement and enlightenment about Inspiring, real-life stories of ordinary people who have made a difference to the society to rid the society of some evil or malpractice, educate and enlighten people about the importance of Independence, freedom struggle, freedom fighters and to instil the feeling of patriotism.
Film competition categories are:
- Inspiring, real-life stories of ordinary people who have made a difference to the society to rid the society of some evil or mal practice – up to 3 min duration
- Films that interestingly educate and enlighten people about the importance of Independence – up to 2 min duration
- Commercials that create awareness about the independence struggle, patriotism, freedom from some evil or mal practice in the society – up to 1 minute.
- Animation films, mobile films and films of any other genre produced with broadcast quality can participate in this contest.
- Registration is open to all Indian nationals. Any language. But regional language films are to be supported with English or Hindi transcription.
- Interested participants can take part in all the three categories of the contest.
- A jury comprising communication experts, social entrepreneurs and film makers will judge the 3-minute, 2-minute and 1-minute films separately.
- The best three films in each of the three categories will get Rs 50,000/-, Rs. 30,000/- and Rs. 20,000/- respectively and a merit certificate.
The films will be first screened on Doordarshan and then released on YouTube, from where all the good films will go viral. The films will also be used by Doordarshan extensively in their workshops and training programs.
The last date for submitting entries is 7th August, 2017.