Doordarshan (often abbreviated “DD” and दूरदर्शन in Hindi) is the Television Wing of Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster, which is one of the largest broadcasting organizations in the world.
Doordarshan logo over the years has inspired deep nostalgia of an era when the public broadcaster was the only television channel of the country. With the opening up of Television market to private channels, a whole generation of youth need to connect and identify with DD. In order to engage with India’s youth and to get a mindshare for DD brand within the current generation, DD is seeking a new logo design.
The new logo while recalling the strong nostalgia associated with the DD brand, should reflect the aspirations of new India.
Doordarshan (DD) invites all Indian Nationals to participate in designing a new logo for the flagship Doordarshan Brand. The Logo shall comprise of an attractive design depicting Doordarshan.
Prize: Rs.1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh only)
Last day for submission of entries is 13th August, 2017.
- Participants should upload the Logo in JPEG/ JPG/ PNG/ SVG format only.
- The Logo should be designed on a digital platform. The winner of the competition shall be required to submit the design in an editable and open file format. Participants should ensure that original designs are submitted.
- Logo should be designed in color. The size of the logo may vary from 5cm*5cm to 60cm*60cm in either portrait or landscape.
- The Logo should be usable on the website/ social media such as Twitter/ Facebook and on printed materials such as b/w press releases, stationery and signage, labels etc.
- The Logo should be in high resolution with minimum 300 DPI.
- All the entries received by Doordarshan would be scrutinized for awards by a selection Committee.
- Entries would be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well they communicate the theme of Doordarshan.
- The decision of the Selection Committee would be final and binding on all the contestants and no clarifications would be issued to any participants or on any decision of the Selection Committee.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition/ its entries/ winners shall be subject to local jurisdiction of Delhi State only.
For more details, please visit this link.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.