Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record & relevant experience for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
- Number of posts 01 (One)
- Name of the Project: “Manav – Human Atlas Initiative”
- Funding agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India.
Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. in Clinical Biology / Pharmaceutical Sciences / Public Health Research / Life Sciences / Systems Biology/ Bioinformatics OR M.Sc. / M. Pharm. with relevant specialization with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Clinical Biology/ Pharmaceutical Sciences / Public Health Research / Life Sciences / Systems Biology / Bioinformatics.
Preference: Candidates with a Ph.D. or M.Sc. with more than 2 years of relevant experience, having good communication skills and experience in systems biology and / or bioinformatics and /or network building will be preferred.
Age limit: Not more than 32 years as on last date of application.
The incumbent is expected
- To interact with the Domain expert to understand how scientific research articles (especially in clinical biology and pharmaceutical sciences) will be selected, how annotations will be performed and the output and network generated from them through automation tools, for this project.
- To be proficient in contributing (selection and reading) research articles, to test the quality of molecular networks created from these articles and formulate a network evaluation system for quality assurance.
- To work with the science communication teams to support the project.
Initially for a period of 9 months, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply online. Click on the link “Apply Online” (just below this advertisement) to apply for the post. Kindly upload a copy of CV (PDF format) while filing online application Form. The last date for filling online applications is March 15, 2021.
Rs. 50,000 /- per month.
List of shortlisted candidates for selection process (to be carried out preferably over video call) with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.