The School of Economics, University of Kent is offering a number of doctoral scholarships for outstanding students who will begin PhD study in the School in September 2020.
Successful candidates will be awarded a full scholarship, which will include an annual tuition fee waiver regardless of fee status and a competitive maintenance stipend of £15,009 (13,86,553 approx) per annum (2019/20 rate).
Scholarships are offered in the form of Graduate Teaching Assistantships, whereby PhD students receive financial support in return for a limited amount of teaching (up to six hours per week) across the Autumn and Spring terms.
In standard form, these are scholarships funded by the University of Kent over a three-year period.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential, and will have obtained a good undergraduate honours degree (a First or good 2i), and ordinarily a Master’s degree with Merit or Distinction.
- The scholarship competition is open to all new School of Economics postgraduate research applicants applying for September 2020.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK.
Submit a formal application to study for a PhD in Economics or Agri-Environmental Economics 2020/21 – apply online here.
Please ensure that you include:
- at least two academic references – these must come from a professional/institutional email address (not a gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo account), or be uploaded as a signed document, either on headed paper or validated with the university stamp)
- a detailed research proposal
- transcripts of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
- your CV
Complete a Scholarship application form here.
- Doctoral Scholarship Application Deadline: Mar 9, 2020
- Research Scholarship Application Deadline: Jan 19, 2020
For any queries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org