ISEC, Bangalore invites applications for Doctoral Research Programme 2020. ISEC offers two categories of Ph D Programme – (a) full time (residential) for students and (b) part-time (non-residential) for those already in service. The hallmark of our Ph.D. Programme is its bi-annual seminars and doctoral committees.
- Development Studies (Candidates may choose to write admission test based on their interest viz., Urban studies/ Environmental Studies/ Decentralization & Development/ Local Governance & Development, education, rural development and so on) (Once admitted, the students will receive Degree in Development Studies)
- Population Studies
- Agricultural Economics (Once admitted, the students will receive Degree in Economics)
- Political Science
- Sociology/Social Anthropology/Social Work
- Development Studies: Master’s Degree in any discipline
- Population Studies: Master’s Degree in Demography/Population Studies or have a Master’s degree in other disciplines with strong Demography Courses
- Economics: Master’s Degree in Economics/ Econometrics/Public Economics /Energy Economics / Development Economics / Natural resource Economics/Environmental Economics / Financial Economics /Applied Economics / Quantitative Economics / Statistics
- Agricultural Economics: Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics or with Master’s Degree in Economics including courses undergone in Agricultural Economics/Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation/Agri-Business Management
- Political Science: Master’s Degree in Political Science/International Relations/Public Administration
- Sociology/Social Anthropology/Social Work: Master’s Degree in Sociology/Anthropology (Social Anthropology)/Social Work.
The candidates selected for ICSSR/ISEC fellowship are paid a scholarship of Rs.10,000/- p.m. without any contingency for the first ten months of Ph.D. Foundation Course Work. Thereafter, the fellowship is extendable to a further period of two years at the rate of Rs.20,000/- p.m. and a contingency of Rs.20,000/- per annum as per ICSSR fellowship norms. For the fourth year Institute shall be paying Rs. 10,000/- p.m. from internal sources without any contingency for one year.
How to apply?
The duly filled-in application form with all the relevant enclosures should be submitted along with the application fee of Rs.750/- for General Category (Rs.250/- in case of SC/STs) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, ISEC, Bangalore, payable at State Bank of India, ISEC Branch, Bangalore-72.
E-mail to: aracad[at]isec.ac.in
Call: (080) 23217013