Applications are now open for The Doctoral Research Awards 2020 by International Development Research Centre, Canada. The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) funds research in developing countries to promote growth, reduce poverty, and drive large scale positive changes.
Part of Canada’s foreign affairs and development efforts, IDRC invests in knowledge, innovation, and solutions to improve the lives of people in the developing world.
Approximately 20 awards of a maximum of CA$20,000 each.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country, excluding countries in southern and eastern Europe, South Caucasus, and Central Asia (but including Afghanistan).
- You must be enrolled at a Canadian university at the doctoral level (you must have completed several courses of the doctoral program, but not necessarily all courses when you submit your application).
- Your research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor. Please provide proof.
- Your proposed field research must be conducted for a doctoral dissertation and must take place in one or more developing countries.
Your field research must be relevant to one of six development outcome areas to which IDRC aims to contribute through its work. These are:
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable and inclusive growth
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Inclusive education
- Strong science and innovation systems.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- Fit with IDRC mission and development outcome areas;
- Overall appropriateness, completeness, quality, and clarity of the research proposal;
- Overall methodology and considerations of cultural, logistical, and scientific constraints;
- Overall feasibility, duration, and timing of the research;
- Originality and creativity of the research;
- Potential contribution to existing knowledge on the issue;
- Gender dimensions of the research;
- Ethical considerations of the research;
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 17, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Young Entrepreneur Award 2020 by Indian National Academy of Engineering [Prizes Upto Rs. 2L]: Apply by June 30.