IIT Kanpur-La Trobe University Research Academy invites applications from highly successful and meritorious candidates for the position of Director.
The IIT Kanpur-La Trobe University Research Academy is a joint research center that will bring the two organizations’ research capabilities together to build a critical mass of resources, researchers, and research effort, with a strong focus on industry engagement.
- Provide overall leadership and foster the advancement of the Academy and the Joint Doctoral Degree Program in collaboration with La Trobe appointed Co-Director of the Academy.
- Encourage and promote a robust and innovative research environment and culture within the Academy focused upon the enhancement of the partners’ mutual ability to attract and retain high-quality Ph.D. students, staff, and industry partners and produce joint research outcomes of high quality.
- Lead proposals to attract external research funding for both parties from national competitive grant schemes, government, industry, and non-profit sectors.
- Actively develop and promote the profile of the Research Academy, through representation, engagement, and the development of strong linkages with government, industry, and non-profit sectors relevant to the Academy’s activities.
- Extensive research experience having previously held a Full Professor position in a research-active institution.
- Recognition as a leading authority in a field of research specialization in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) with a national/ international profile in research or research administration.
- Established professional network with Industry and Government.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education leadership roles.
- Ability to engage and negotiate effectively and persuasively with peers, senior administration officials, and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record in building strong research culture, substantive research collaborations, and guiding and mentoring academics and graduate researchers to achieve successful outcomes.
- Evidence of holding honorary/ committee/ expert roles for Industry or Government
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can email their application pack with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to Prof. Yogesh Joshi, Dean of International Relations, Office of International Relations, Room 301, Academic Affairs Building, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur – 208016. The application should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A written statement addressing the selection criteria
- Recent CV
The last date to apply is July 6, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For official notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (Chemistry) at IISER Tirupati: Apply by Jul 21.