RRI invites applications/ nominations, from eminent academicians/researchers with substantial experience and achievements in the area of Physical Sciences for the position of Director by Direct Recruitment or Deputation.
Raman Research Institute (RRI) is an autonomous research institute under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, engaged in research in basic sciences. The current main areas of research at the Institute are Astronomy & Astrophysics, Light & Matter Physics, Soft Condensed Matter and Theoretical Physics with the required electronics, mechanical, computer and other supporting services.
The Director is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the Institute and will have the overall administrative control of the Institute and will provide high-level leadership to the Institute in the identification of research programs and projects of national and international relevance in various specialized fields of research undertaken by the Institute.
- Doctorate in Physical Sciences. Post-Doctoral Research. Original published work of high standard and/or National and International Patents.
- Evidence of high professional eminence by way of recognitions like the fellowship of academies and national/international awards in science and technology.
For Direct Recruitment: At least 25 years of experience in R&D in academic institutions/research institutions (including the post-doctoral period) and/or science and technology organizations or as faculty/scientist of recognized national/international universities/research institutes/corporate R&D Labs etc., out of which at least 6 years should be in managerial/administrative capacity for science and technology programs.
For Deputation Period: Scientists or Technologists, possessing the essential educational qualification and the essential experience mentioned above, working in Central/State Governments/Universities/Recognised Research Institutions/Semi-Government Statutory or Autonomous Organisations in India holding analogous post OR with 1-year regular service in the post in ₹75500-80000 grade (HAG+) or equivalent OR 3 years regular service in the post in the pay scale of ₹67000-79000 (HAG) or equivalent.
The position carries the apex scale of pay level 17, i.e. ₹2,25,000/- per month as per the Revised Pay Rules, 2016 of the Government of India.
How to Apply?
- An advance copy of the application in the prescribed proforma should be neatly typed and sent as a PDF file along with the scanned files of duly self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of qualification and experience by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application for the position of Director” in the Subject line on or before 18.05.2020.
- A print out (hard copy) of the PDF file, sent as above by email, duly signed, along with duly self-attested photocopies of enclosures, should be sent by SPEED POST, to the “Administrative Officer, Raman Research Institute, C. V. Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar, Bengaluru – 560080, India by May 22, 2020.
- The cover containing the application must be superscribed as “Application for the post of Director, Raman Research Institute.
- To download the application form, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Faculty Positions at IISER Bhopal [Multiple Vacancies]: Apply by June 30.