The Department of Water Resources Development and Management (WRD&M), [formerly Water Resources Development Training Centre (WRDTC)] offers One-year P.G.Diploma/ Training and Two-year M.Tech. Degree in Water Resources Development (WRD) and Irrigation Water Management (IWM).
Candidates are admitted into three categories:
- Government/ Semi-Government/ PSU Sponsored Candidates from India. – Candidates should apply through this Information brochure
- Sponsored candidates from foreign countries – Candidates should apply through Indian Mission
- Fresh undergraduates with GATE – Candidates should apply through the website of IIT Roorkee.
- For P.G. Dip./ Training/ M.Tech Water Resources Development: Bachelor Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering or its equivalent.
- For P.G. Dip./ Training/ M.Tech in Irrigation Water Management: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engg. or equivalent /Agricultural Engineering or its equivalent or M.Sc. Agriculture in Agronomy, Soil Science, Agrometeorology with mathematics as one of the papers at the level of B.Sc./B.Sc. Agriculture.
General/ OBC category candidates, minimum 60 % marks or Minimum CGPA 6.50 on 10 – point scale or equivalent grade is required in the Marks qualifying examination. For SC/ST/PD (Person with special abilities) candidates, a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 5.5 on 10 – point scale or equivalent grade is required in the qualifying examination.
How to Apply?
- Processing of applications for admission and sponsorship takes considerable time, therefore, the sponsored candidates should send their application well in time so as to reach the department latest by June 30, 2020.
- , The Academic Session will start in the second week of July 2020.
- The selected candidates shall be governed by rules and regulations of the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR).
- To download the application form, click here.
- The filled-in application form should reach: Dr. M. L. KANSAL, Head Department of Water Resources Development and Management Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Roorkee – 247 667 (Uttarakhand) India.
Phone Number: + 91-1332-285251
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org