The National School of Drama, New Delhi invites applications from eligible and meritorious candidates for admission into its 3-year Diploma Course in Dramatic Arts for the year 2020-23. The central aim of the course is to prepare T students for the practice of theatre. To this end, a variety of practical skills need to be developed and a corpus of knowledge needs to be acquired.
While all areas of study are assessed separately and a high standard of work demanded in each, the primary objective of the course is to develop creativity and imaginative expression within the collective framework of a group. The National School of Drama offers a three-year, full-time diploma course in the dramatic arts for students intending to make theatre their profession.
Topics of Study
- Modern Indian Drama: Development of Modern Indian Theatre from the mid19th century with an emphasis on the contemporary theatre scene.
- Classical Indian Drama: History of Sanskrit Drama Detailed analysis of selected Sanskrit plays and their interpretation in terms of their dramatic structures as laid down in the Natyashastra, their performances and audiences in the ancient period and their significance in contemporary theatre.
- World Drama: emphasis on Asian, European, American, African and Latin American Dramatic Literature and Performances.
- Theatre Architecture: Development of theatre in the East with special emphasis on theatre forms in the Natyashastra, as well as in Southeast Asia.
- Culture Studies: A study of cultural expressions incorporating visual art, film, media, music, sound, etc. from various theoretical positions.
- Graduation in any subject from a recognized University in India or Abroad.
- Participation in at least 6 different theatre productions with attached document proof of the theatre experience i.e. certificate of participation, brochure, leaflet, newspaper clips, etc.
- Working knowledge of Hindi & English.
- Recommendation letter from at least one theatre Expert.
- The medium of instruction is Hindi and or English, depending on the subject. Plays, however, are performed mostly in Hindi.
How to Apply?
- In the year 2020, twenty-six students will be selected for the three-year, full-time course in Dramatic Arts.
- To apply online, click here.
- Offline application forms duly filled in & complete in all respects must reach To Dean Academics, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi – 110001 on or before 28/02/2020.
Email ID: email@example.com