Applications are open for the Digital India Internship by Ministry of Electronics & Information and Technology during May and June 2019.
About the Internship:
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is engaged in electronic development through e-Infrastructure creation to facilitate and promote:
- Promotion of electronics hardware manufacturing and Information Technology & IT Enabled Services (IT-ITeS) Industry.
- Providing Support for the creation of Innovation Infrastructure in emerging areas of technology.
- Providing support for the development of e-Skills and Knowledge network.
- Securing India’s cyberspace.
For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enrich the management /implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify these “Internship Guidelines”, to provide a framework for engagement of Interns for a limited period.
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.Tech/B.E., and are in the 2nd/3rd year of the 10+2+4 pattern of education
- Pursuing an integrated degree course or dual degree (B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech.) and are in the 4th/5th year of the 10+2+5 pattern of education.
Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee an internship in this Ministry. Candidates having exposure in the area of the intended internship with a good academic background and having a higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
Total Students : 20
Duration of Internship:
The internship would be offered two times in a year i.e. summer Internship during May and June and winter Internship during December and January.
The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry and time the Intern is willing to spend with the Ministry.
The internship will be offered at NIC, Headquarters, New Delhi and at the following NIC
States Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Karnataka, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar
Broad Areas of Internship
1 Cloud Computing
2 Artificial Intelligence
3 Cloud Orchestration
4 Micro Services
5 Open APIs
6 Enterprise Architecture (Structure and Operation of an Organisation)
7 Data Analytics
8 DevOps Tools
9 Software Quality Assurance
10 Internet of Things (IOT- Network of Physical Devices to exchange Data)
11 Cyber Security
How to Apply?
Register yourself as an applicant on this page.
A token remuneration of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his Supervisor/Mentor. The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Ministry.
Certificate of Internship
Certificates will be issued by the Ministry to the Interns on the completion of internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by the Competent Authority.
- Application submission from Interns: 10 April to 30 April 2019
- Applications Selection: 1 May to 15 May 2019
- Result of selected Interns: 16 May 2019
- Offer of Internship: 16 May 2019
- Applicant to Confirm for Internship: 16 May to 18 May 2019
- System to Reject Application (if Applicant) does not confirms: 19 May 2019
- Issuance of Confirmation Letter to confirmed applicants: 19 May 2019
In case of Non Confirmation by Candidates
- Selection from Wait Listed Candidates: 20 May to 21 May 2019
- Offer of Internship to Wait Listed Candidates: 22 May 2019
- Applicant to Confirm for Internship: 22 May to 24 May 2019
- Issuance of Confirmation Letter to Confirmed applicants: 27 May 2019
- Commencement Date of Internship: 31 May 2019
- Completion Date of Internship: 31 July 2019
- Submission of Report by Intern: 30 July 2019
- Report to be accepted and upload by Project Guide : 31 July to 2 August 2019
- Issuance of Completion Certificate: 5 August 2019
Email for contact: firstname.lastname@example.org