The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world-class Apps in their respective categories.
This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leader Boards seeks to create an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are incentivized to ideate, incubate, build, nurture and sustain Tech solutions that can serve not only citizens within India but also the world.
The Mantra is to Make in India for India and the World!
The AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge is being launched in the following 8 broad categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
- A mobile application harnessing the most accurate facial and/ or body mapping technology to allow for a true-to-life virtual try out of products like spectacles, clothes, etc.
- Mobile application for real-time speech-to-speech translation and camera translation of multiple languages.
- An automated web-based application that handles the business-to-business lead generation and cold emailing and is completely manageable from a mobile device itself.
- Application to use mobile devices as image scanners with features like on the fly image correction, image editing, text recognition, etc.
- Application to provide cloud storage integration, cross-platform file transfer via FTP or LAN, and a root browser on a mobile device
- Robust indigenous anti-virus software for mobile devices.
- Application to optimize mobile device’s performance by cleaning junk/cache files, optimizing device memory, and optimizing battery usage.
- A mobile-based live streaming platform for hosting webinars, lectures, etc.
- A mobile-based messaging and video calling application
- A mobile-based microblogging application
- A mobile-based news application that uses cutting-edge technology to recommend the most relevant and interesting news individually to each user.
- A mobile application offering satellite imagery and street maps, as well as functions such as a route planner for traveling by foot, car, or public transportation.
- A mobile-based online gaming platform which also functions as a social hub for gamers
- A mobile-based photo-editing application with all standard image editing features.
Following Awards will be given in each of the Eight Categories:
- First Prize: 20 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 15 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 10 Lakhs
For the purposes of evaluation, Jury may create subcategories in each category and then Apps will be classified into respective subcategories, based on functionality and evaluated. In case Sub Categories are created, the Prize Money for each subcategory within each category will be as below:
- First Prize: 5 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 3 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 2 Lakhs
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible to submit their entries in various categories. Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/ review.
No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted. Providing incorrect information will lead to the outright rejection of proposals. The government does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property rights (IPR) for the Innovation that is sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall remain with the applicant at all times.
- Ease of use
- Security features
Interested candidates can participate online by clicking here.
- Last date for Submission: July 18, 2020
- Screening of Entries Received: July 20-24, 2020
- Evaluation by the Jury: July 27-Aug 3, 2020
- Final Announcement: Aug 7, 2020
For full notification, click the link below.