Applications are now invited from qualified and bright undergraduate and graduate students for the UNDP-INCDF Digital Finance Internship Program 2020 in Asia. These internships offer a unique opportunity to engage in digital finance, impact investment, and have exposure to leaders in the industry.
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) manages several initiatives related to digital financial services (DFS) to address the opportunities and challenges of implementing in the developing world, with a focus on the Least Developed Countries in Africa and Asia and the Pacific regions.
UNCDF is looking for qualified interns all-year-around to support its different activities related to the following functional areas:
- Data Analytics
- Research and Writing in areas related to SDGs and Digital Economy
- Knowledge Management and Communication that includes social media engagement
- Blogging and Developing content related to work of UNCDF
- Engaging in developing infographics, production of video blogs, pictures repository, etc.
- New technology trends like AI, IoT, VR and how could it be deployed in the context of digital finance especially for low and moderate-income
- New business models that would allow for achieving the SDG goals through digital and finance.
- Start-up engagement through the UNCDF accelerator and incubation program delivered through a financial innovation lab
- Impact investment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the UNCDF Technical Specialist(s) – Digital Finance and Innovation, the key results expected from Digital Finance interns are:
- Support in researching and developing summaries on key issues like food security and climate change, gig economy workers, health, digital stack, education, jobs and skills, other related topics under SDGs and where Digital and Finance could play a key role;
- Develop brief summaries as well as help to develop information sheets that summarize key research findings on specific technologies and /or their applications to development issues.
- Identify and review research, publications, and news related to how the digitization of finance is being applied to achieve the SDGs;
- Work on areas related to impact investment, research and assist with developing reports that contribute to different agenda of UNCDF;
- Data Analytics that includes working with a team on bigdata engagement, analyzing trends, assist the team with documenting the same;
Applicants to the internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the field of Finance/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Development studies and similar discipline from reputed Institution desired.
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Demonstrated interest in topics related to socioeconomic development;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and administrative skills;
- Able to take initiative and work independently;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks;
- Excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data programs).
- Fluency in English is mandatory,
- Fluency in Hindi or Mandarin Chinese or other languages in the Asian region will be considered a distinct advantage.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. In your application, please state in one paragraph why you would like to be considered for the internship and your primary motivation to apply for this role.
Applications should include the application form and the latest resume. Applicants are welcome to submit any additional work samples or portfolios in one single file, preferably PDF. The last date to apply is December 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Remote Internship Program under Leading Startups at MISK [8-12 weeks]: Apply by June 1.