Govt of India invites registration for Digital Communication Innovation Square (DCIS) Challenge 2021. The last date of application is 21 June 2021.
- To promote the ecosystem for research, design, development, proof of concept testing, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) creation, pilot project, and manufacturing i.e. complete value chain to make India a global hub for the production of telecommunication equipment and a centre for digital communication services.
- To develop and establish standards to meet national requirements and participate in international standardization bodies to contribute to the formulation of global standards, thereby making India a leading nation in the area of international telecom standardization.
- To promote India-specific application development that matches with the behavioral pattern of the masses and adds value to their day-to-day activities both economic and social.
- To create synergies among the Academia, Research Institutes, Start-ups, and Industry for capacity building and development of a balanced telecom ecosystem by organizing workshops/seminars/webinars, etc. for sharing their views, plans, expectations, and concerns in a free and constructive manner.
- Bridge the gap between R&D and commercialization.
Who can apply?
Startups (Scaling Stage)/MSMEs who have already tested their prototypes (hardware/software innovations) with or without any user agency and are seeking further validations before becoming market-ready with a demonstrable demand are therefore encouraged to apply.
- LTE Advanced, 5G and future generation access technologies, Software Defined Networks (SDNs) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), IOT/ M2M, the cloud, and data analytics.
- Backhaul Radio and Communication Technologies,
- Core and Edge Routers, Soft Switches, Ethernet Switches, xDSL, Modems, Routers, Dongles, Data Cards, Mobile Handsets, Wireless Access Points, Mobile Handsets, etc.
- Security and Surveillance Equipment, Sensors
- Convergence of Telecom, IT, and Broadcasting Technologies
- Over-the-top (OTT) services as drivers for penetration of broadband services
- Green and energy-efficient technologies/solutions for the telecom sector and
- Any other area considered commercially viable in the future.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
The last date to apply is 04th June 2021.
Maximum support to a startup/MSME up to INR 40 Lakhs for the project duration, minimum 10 applicants.
For official details, click below.
You may also be interested in: