Applications are invited for Digital Bharti Covid Scholarship 2021 for Students who lost their Parents. Applications are open on the official website.
The second wave of the coronavirus pandemic has left many children orphaned and vulnerable across India. Countless children have lost both their parents, while many are merely surviving with a single parent, who is not able to support the children financially and emotionally. In most of such cases, the relatives, too, turn indifferent.
These Covid orphans are often left with no support and enormous helplessness. The purpose of Digital Bharati, which is an initiative of PIIndia, is to support those students who have lost both or either of their parents in the current Covid-19 crisis. This project will provide them scholarships so that they can continue their education without any hindrance.
- Need cum crisis based scholarship
- Students who lost their parent(s) since January 2020.
- No minimum academic percentage, however, students should be continuing their education.
- PAN India students are eligible to participate
- Death certificate along with an identity proof of parent/guardian
- Any guardian/parent can fill the form on behalf of student (Uncle, aunty, teacher, tutor, grandparents)
- Digital verification of selected beneficiaries.
- Voucher codes will be transferred on an annual basis to students/guardians.
- Students need to meet renewal scholarship eligibility criteria and upload following documents in an online scholar tracking system.
- Admission proof that they have progressed in next year.
- Academic grade report that they passed the last exam.
Based on the following criteria, students will be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- Final decision by a selection committee based on student need as well as the availability of resource
- Learning Vouchers: 25,000
- Total Term Period: 5 Years
- Target Students: 100,000
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
You may also be interested in: