Department of Hematology, PGIMER Chandigarh invites applications for the post of Dietary Research Investigators (4 Vacancies) for the year 2020. Applications are invited for the position of “Dietary Research Investigator” in a research project entitled “Study of Multiply-Fortified Salt among Women of Reproductive Age in India”.
- Essential: Bachelors in Nutrition/Dietetics/Home Science or equivalent.
- Desirable: Candidate should have previous experience performing dietary assessments, preferably in a community-based setting. Familiarity with food preparation methods in rural Punjab. Experience conducting research in rural communities. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
As part of the larger research team, the Dietary Research investigator will conduct a full-day detailed dietary assessment of study participants in their homes which will involve the collection of weighed food records and duplicate diet composites.
- Introduce the purpose and data collection process to the members of selected household.
- Successfully conducts the dietary assessment of study participants according to the protocol using the appropriate data collection forms.
- Review completed data collection forms for completeness and accuracy; obtain missing or questionable data, as necessary.
- Effectively and timely reports the field activities to the Dietary Supervisor, Senior Field Supervisor and Research Coordinator.
- Perform other project-related responsibilities as required, including preparation of replicate diet composites.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their CV’s (detailed) along with total experience on saltfortificationpgi[at]gmail.com by 21st July 2020 by 05:00 PM having subject titled “Application for the post of Dietary research investigator”